Gojek has made a chip-in feature on the application. However, Gopay‘s chip-in features can only be used through the app’s chat feature. This means that the user must first create a group chat and then they are free to ask friends from the group to share a bill.
What You Need to Do Before Using the Gopay Chip-In Feature
The maximum member limit that can be invited to a group chat in Gojek is 51 people including the admin or, the creator of the group. Bills can be split using this feature, such as for paying Gocar, using Gopay, and paying Gofood, as stated in a press release received by CNNIndonesia.com, Wednesday (14/4).
This feature can only be done by Gopay users who are already premium members. To become a premium member, you must first register your Gopay account with an ID, or KTP, including a number of other data.
The feature requesting payment bills via chat has also been previously launched by several other applications. One of them is Jenius and BCA banking services. For instance, Jenius users and BCA can send money via WhatsApp. However, in the BCA application, money transfers can only be forwarded to BCA account numbers and virtual accounts only.
So how do you ask friends in a group to split the bill with Gopay?
- Open the GOJEK application and select the Chat feature, select and open your group chat.
- Don’t have a group yet? You can select (+) on the top right, then select Create Group, choose who will be a member of your group, and write the group’s name.
- After you open the group chat, click the menu (+) at the bottom left of the chat page, then select Request. Select the number of contacts you want to enter in the transfer request and then click Continue.
- Enter the total amount of the bill and select Amount of Distribution to divide the transfer request. You can divide the bill evenly by choosing Share Average.
- You can also divide the number of transfer requests based on each friend’s bills by clicking Different, then enter the amount that matches the desired bill.
- Verify that the invoice amount is correct and then click Send Request. Done! You have successfully sent a transfer request to the chat group. When your friend opens a request, they will see the billing details they have to pay.
For those who get a bill, here’s how to pay.
- Click Pay for the GO-PAY balance transfer request sent in the chat.
- The amount that you are requested pay will appear. If the Gopay balance is not enough, it needs to be added first.
- Enter the Gopay PIN.
- To check the transfer details, press the green ↗ button that appears after making a transfer in the chat page with the recipient, or click Inbox on the GO-PAY page, or click History on the GO-PAY page.