Taiwanese company Synology Inc. created DiskStation DS419slim, NAS 4-bay which features 2.5-inch drive support. This palm-sized device can support capacities of up to 20 TB (terabytes) with four HDD 2.5 inc.
“Until now, there are still many people who are having problems managing data that is spread in public clouds, USB drives, or personal computers. As a smart and reliable personal cloud, DS419slim helps users store photos, videos, and valuable documents to keep them organized and maintained, thanks to their competent data management capabilities, “said Product Manager Synology Inc., Katarina Shao, in her press statement.
He said, these palm-sized devices not only facilitate users in accessing, sharing, and synchronizing various data from various platforms, users also have multimedia storage. Where users can access digital content directly through mobile devices whenever needed.
The design is very compact, making DS419slim has high flexibility in running and configuring RAID. Driven by a dual-core processor, the DS419slim has a powerful performance with an electric power of only 20.28-watts.
It only a palm-sized device
DS419slim is run with DiskStation Manager, an advanced and intuitive operating system for Synology NAS devices, which comes with a variety of applications to improve work productivity.
DS419slim specifications and performance
• Performance: Sequential throughput is more than 223 MB / s reading
• Network: Dual 1GbE LAN ports for failover and Link Aggregation
• Design: Four 2.5 “drive drives that are hot-swappable
(can be removed/installed while on)
• Portable design: a cube-shaped NAS less than 15 cm and weighs 700 grams
• Flexible configuration: Use RAID 5/6 with four HDD or SSD to form a redundancy
• Maximum capacity: 20TB with 4 x 5TB 2.5 inc drives